Bead mills are grinding and dispersing machines designed to grind and/or disperse particles down to the micro and nano scales. Beads (grinding media) inside the grinding chamber are agitated by rotating the shaft and the particles are ground and/or dispersed by the collision and shear force of the beads. The outlet of the grinding chamber has a filtering structure to separate beads from particles, retaining beads inside the chamber and enabling continuous production of fine particles.
01/Principles of Bead Mill Technology
Dry Bead Mills
Dry bead mills employ a system to produce fine particles in air or inert gas atmosphere. With beads of relatively large diameter inside, large and coarse particles can be ground easily.
There are two types of dry bead mill operations: continuous or batch operations. Sanxing feirong dry bead mills adopt continuous (pass) operation capable of mass-producing fine particles.
Wet Bead Mills
Wet bead mills employ a system to produce fine particles in liquid. As the minute beads inside are agitated at high speed, the machines are capable of producing particles down to the nano size.
There are three types of wet bead mill operations: circulation, pass, and batch operations. Sanxing feirong applies operation types according to the purpose of the products.
02/Comparison Between Dry and Wet Bead Mills
Dry processing is optimal for micro-size particles and wet processing is suitable for nano-size particles.
As beads with a relatively large diameter are employed in dry bead mills, large and coarse particles can be readily ground by vigorous agitation. As wet bead mills employ minute beads, finer particles can be produced with strong shear and friction force caused by agitating beads at high speed.
vertical stirred beads mill
– Rotor structure: turbine + pin;
– Grinding components: ceramics, polyurethane and alloy steel;
– Product fineness: micron-, submicron- and nano-sized;
– No mechanical sealing: no leakage, without damage and maintenance problems;
– No screen: no blockage, do not need to clean the screen and screen beads;
– Grinding media: Φ 0.1-2.0 mm beads, for ultra-fine grinding/dispersion;
– Efficient grinding: the power is mainly assumed for effective ultra-grinding, which can increase the proportion of active work and greatly improve the efficiency;
– Effective classification between particles/separation between particles and beads and grinding of particles. Fine particles are discharged from the grinding chamber in short residence time due to the centrifugal separation, eliminating over-grinding, while coarse particles are not discharged and they stay in the grinding chamber for further grinding, resulting in the final product particles with uniform distribution.
Horizontal stirred beads mill
– Optimum-sized design, suitable for large-scale production
– Centrifugal dynamic separation system is adopted without beads leakage and discharge screen clogging
– Internal and external circulation grinding flow-fields and staged grinding design are adopted, leading to great grinding efficiency and narrow particle size distribution
– Design and use of the rotor structure, rod pin, turbine and dispersive disk according to the product fineness requirement.
– The minimum grinding media is Φ 0.2mm for superfine grinding
– The grinding cylinder is made of silicon carbide with superior wear and corrosion resistances
– For high-efficiency grinding structure design and low motor power, the specific energy consumption of the mill is at least 15% lower than that of the similar products in the market
– The viscosity range of ground slurry available is 20-5000mPas
– Efficient cooling effect for discharged products at a low temperature
– The mill is easy to operate/control, and install/maintain as well
Company Name: Shenzhen Sanxing Feirong Machinery Co., Ltd.
Main business: laboratory stirring beads mill, vertical stirring beads mill, horizontal stirring beads mill, powder preparation intelligent production line
Factory Address:No. 38, Songgang Avenue, Bao’an District, Shenzhen,Guangdong, China
operating hours：Monday to Saturday （AM8:00-PM17:30）